All Burning Open
- Burn permits are valid for burn barrels and piles that are not larger than 3ft x 3ft x 2ft. Larger piles require a onsite inspection.
- All fires shall be constantly attended by a competent person until completely extinguished.
- Burning should be done on ground cleared of all growth.
- All piles shall be kept to a size controllable with a garden hose or shovel.
- A minimum 25 feet is required for burn piles from any structure.
- Burn barrels shall not be less than 15 feet from any structure.
- Burn barrels must have a heavy mesh screen of not less than 14 gauge wire with holes not larger than 1/4 inch.
- Burning of rubber tires, plastic, paint, tar, asphalt shingles, wet garbage, petroleum products or any other material that creates a public nuisance is strictly prohibited by Tillamook Fire District and DEQ regulations.
- Burning of uncut grass, brush or any standing vegetation is prohibited. All vegetation shall be piled prior to burning.
- Burning after dark and during strong or gusty winds is prohibited.
- Burning when a burn ban is in effect is prohibited.
- Slash permits are not issued by Tillamook Fire District. All slash burning is regulated by the Oregon Department of Forestry.
By clicking ‘Submit’ you are providing your electronic signature and indicating that you have read the information and agree to all regulations.
A PDF permit will be emailed back to you upon receipt of your request. Please allow 24 hours for the permit to be processed.